"Basaic Langtry Page" Langtry by Basaic
Langtry Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 30 photos
The town of Langtry is a tiny unincorporated place in Val Verde County Texas. The total population is under 200. They have a post office/convenience store and a number of trailers and small houses.
The town would be almost unknown if it weren't for the exploits of the towns most famous resident Judge Roy Bean and his fascination with the actress Lily Langtry.
The area around Langtry has seen a lot of history right up to a reported UFO crash in 1955. Other items of historic interest that occured in the area include the joining of two railroad lines and the building of the Pecos High Balong with Vinegarroon, a camp built to work on the railroad.
- Cons:No real facilities
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop if you are driving by.
Right across the street from the Judge Roy Bean Center is the Langtry Post Office. Step across there to get your cards... more travel advice
The Opera House is actually just Judge Roy Bean's home. He named it "The Opera House" in an attempt to lure Langtry here... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Langtry Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Langtry
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Langtry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Langtry
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos