"Basaic Glen Rose Page" Glen Rose by Basaic
Glen Rose Travel Guide: 112 reviews and 151 photos
Somervell County was first formed in 1875 and was named for Alexander Somervell a Texas soldier, statesman and pioneer. Court was first held in one of the local stores. This fine courthouse was built in 1893 using Native Limestone and the Late Victorian style of architecture. It was recently restored with an eye toward preserving the courthouse as close as possible to original.
Barnard's mill was established along the banks of the Paluxy River in 1860. It operated for years as a unique and efficient grist mill. Next door a "healing waters clinic" was established in 1941; then the whole thing became a hospital. Today it has been restored and is an interesting museum. The facility also serves as the towns art museum and when I visited had a nice collection of local art.
There is a nice memorial to area veterans on the courthouse grounds.
Basaic's Related Pages
Glen Rose Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Keeweechic's Glen Rose"
- "The Dinosaurs of Glen Rose"
- "An Animal Heritage"
- "Basaic Glen Rose Page"
- "Gene's Glen Rose Page"
- "Vibroverb's Glen Rose"
- "Dinosaurs in Texas?!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glen Rose
- Hotels in Glen Rose
- Transportation in Glen Rose
- Nightlife in Glen Rose
- Restaurants in Glen Rose
- Shopping in Glen Rose
- Warnings and Dangers in Glen Rose
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glen Rose
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1732)
Have you been to Glen Rose?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glen Rose
Photos in Glen RoseSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 121 reviews, 348 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos