"Basaic Fort Stockton Page" Fort Stockton by Basaic
Fort Stockton Travel Guide: 29 reviews and 79 photos
Fort Stockton was established in 1858, and was an active fort from 1867 to 1886. Today only four original buildings remain: three of eight officers' quarters and a guard house with jailer's quarters, three solitary confinement cells, and a larger holding cell. In addition, two Enlisted Barracks with kitchens have been reconstructed. The Fort Stockton Museum is housed in one of these buildings.
This building was built in 1899 of adobe blocks with Victorian wood trim using the Territorial style of architecture, and housed a hotel managed by Annie Riggs until her death in 1931. The 14 rooms now house a collection of clothing, photographs, Indian artifacts, religious objects, and much more.
Here is another addition to my courthouse collection. The Pecos County Courthouse was built in 1912. To me this is how a courthouse should look. It is imposing, substantial and I admit I am a sucker for columns.
There is a nice historic district along Main Streets and Nelson Streets, near the courthouse. more travel advice
It is believed this house, constructed in 1859 was the Sutler’s Store for Camp Stockton. It is the oldest house in town. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Fort Stockton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Fort Stockton Page"
- "Texas's Gateway to the West!"
- "WFTR's new Fort Stockton Page"
- "10eke's new Fort Stockton Page"
- "Fort Stockton"
- "P.O.S. Rally"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Stockton
- Hotels in Fort Stockton
- Restaurants in Fort Stockton
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Stockton
- 27 Reviews
- 72 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1383)
Have you been to Fort Stockton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Stockton
Photos in Fort StocktonSee All Photos (72)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos