"Basaic College Station Page" Top 5 Page for this destination College Station by Basaic
College Station Travel Guide: 74 reviews and 152 photos
College Station is a city of about 97,000 (up 40% since 2000) located along Texas Highway 6 and US Highway 190. The city is in the Brazos Valley in East Central Texas. College Station is located in the vicinity of San Antonio, Dallas and Houston; a very populous area. The city was established in 1860 and Texas A&M, from which the city gets its name, opened in 1876. "College Station" was not incorporated, however, until 1938.
City ordinance that if your franchise's main colors include the color orange you must add maroon into the color scheme because orange is the color of the University of Texas and maroon is for Texas A&M!
Any reviews of things in nearby Bryan will be under that town's travel page.
College Station has several museums, the most important of which is probably the George H. W. Bush Museum and Library, which opened in 1997.
The Northgate District is referred to as a "multi-use district"; but it really mainly exists for the restaurants and bars frequented by Texas A&M students.
A temporary display they had when I visited the Bush Library and Museum was a very interesting one on the Human Genome... more travel advice
There was a nice recreation of Bush's Office at Camp David. Some presidential libraries allow you to take a photo of the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
College Station Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic College Station Page"
- "College Station, Texas"
- "College Station - My Fiance's college home"
- "College Station - Home of Texas A&M University"
- "Fightin' Texas Aggie page!"
- "aileronguy's new College Station Page"
- "A Two-percenter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in College Station
- Hotels in College Station
- Transportation in College Station
- Nightlife in College Station
- Restaurants in College Station
- Warnings and Dangers in College Station
- See All...
Badges & Stats in College Station
- 22 Reviews
- 44 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1720)
Have you been to College Station?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in College Station
Photos in College StationSee All Photos (44)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos