"Basaic Yankton Page" Yankton by Basaic
Yankton Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 12 photos
For many years, from 1905 until 2003, a grand old courthouse stood on the site of the current courthouse. Structural engineers found serious design flaws in the structure in 1999 and 2000 and the structure was torn down and replaced by the current courthouse. Some pieces of the old courthouse (like the arch I took this picture through) remain to pay homage to this building.
Yankton has a nice museum with several buildings that house exhibits showing the history of the town, the area and its inhabitants.
One of many historic homes and other buildings in Yankton, the Cramer Kenyon Heritage House was built in 1886 using the Queen Anne style of architecture.
- In a nutshell:Neat, surprising town in the old west
This restaurant did not look like much from the outside but looked better inside. Decor was about right for a Mexican... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Yankton Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Yankton Page"
- "Yankton--on the river"
- "Dr Jim Kerr The Shaman of Springfield"
- "Edge of the Prairies"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yankton
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1355)
Have you been to Yankton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yankton
Photos in YanktonSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 224 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos