"Adams Homestead and Nature Preserve" North Sioux City by Basaic
North Sioux City Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Adams Homestead is a 1500 acre historic site and nature preserve donated to the state by the grandaughters of Stephen Searl Adams the original homesteader. The park has the home itslef which serves as the visitors center/education center, a few other buildings and a nice piece of land along the river. When I visited I could not take some of the trails due to bad flooding. The interpretive exhibits were nice and informative and the area very pretty. The site seemed very popular with school groups. Entrance is free.
The Brusseau House is another f the retored building inside the park.
There were a few hiking trails inside the park. One crossed the creek, and one led to several observation platforms for viewing the river. Unfortunately they were pretty much all flooded when I visited.
Basaic's Related Pages
North Sioux City Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North Sioux City
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to North Sioux City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North Sioux City
Photos in North Sioux CitySee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos