"Basaic Fort Sisseton State Park Page" Fort Sisseton State Park by Basaic
Fort Sisseton State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
This fort was built in 1864, and was originally called Fort Wadsworth. This site was chosen because it was easily defended and had a ready supply of water for drinking and lime and clay for building materials. It is now registered as a National Historic Landmark and is pretty well preserved.
This is typical of how the enlisted soldiers lived in the old west in the mid to late 1800s.
This is a strongpoint for when there was trouble.
- In a nutshell:Interesting Historical Site of the Old West
Basaic's Related Pages
Fort Sisseton State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Fort Sisseton State Park Page"
- Create a Fort Sisseton State Park Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Sisseton State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Fort Sisseton State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Sisseton State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos