"Basaic Flight 93 National Memorial Page" Shanksville by Basaic
Shanksville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 26 photos
I visited the Flight 93 National Memorial shortly before the grand opening of the new facilities. They were pretty much complete but since construction was still ongoing, access was restricted. The museum was also not completed. This site commemorates the location where the passengers on Flight 93 caused the plane to crash in a field in rural Somerset County, Pennsylvania instead of the intended target the U. S. Capitol Building. The new improved facilities opened on the 10th anniversary of the crash; 11 September 2011.
- In a nutshell:An Event We Should NEVER Forget
Basaic's Related Pages
Shanksville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Flight 93 National Memorial Page"
- "Just an ordinary town..."
- "Shanksville and United Flight 93"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanksville
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1720)
Have you been to Shanksville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanksville
Photos in ShanksvilleSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos