"Basaic Fort Necessity Page" Fort Necessity State Park by Basaic
Fort Necessity State Park Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 121 photos
Fort Necessity was the site of the first battle in the French and Indian War, in 1754. That battle included a young British Officer named George Washington. Your first stop at the park should be the visitors center where you can obtain a park brochure/map, view the informative film, look through the excellent museum, and gather other information to help you enjoy your visit.
Fort Necessity itself is actually somewhat underwhelming; but there are other attractions here too.
Mount Washington Tavern was not here at the same time as the battle of Fort Necessity but came later around 1830. It was built to make a profit from people traveling the "National Road" (now US Highway 40) which was the first federally funded highway in the country.
- In a nutshell:From the French and Indian War Before Independence
Basaic's Related Pages
Fort Necessity State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fort Necessity -- A NATIONAL Battlefield!"
- "Washington's Lost Battle"
- "FORT OF NECESSITY"
- "Basaic Fort Necessity Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fort Necessity State Park
- Shopping in Fort Necessity State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Fort Necessity State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Necessity State Park
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Fort Necessity State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Necessity State Park
Photos in Fort Necessity State ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos