"Basaic Connellsville Page" Connellsville by Basaic
Connellsville Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 14 photos
Connellsville was settled as a township in 1793. It was named for Zachariah Connell, a militia captain duting the Revolutionary War. This is also the point where General Edward Braddock crossed the Youghiogheny River en route to attacking the garrison at Fort Duquesne during the French and Indian War (known as the 7 Year War outside North America). Connellsville currently has a population of about 9000 down from a peak of about 14,000. It is situated along US Highway 119, 57 miles Southeast of Pittsburg. The Union Passenger Depot shown here was built in 1913 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.
Many of the immigrants to Connellsville came from Italy but another large part came from Czechoslovakia and other Eastern European countries. Many of the churches in the area reflect this heritage.
Connellsville has a small but proud Historic District with a few buildings of historic and/or architectural interest, some of which are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- In a nutshell:Nice Town, Bad Motel
Basaic's Related Pages
Connellsville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Connellsville: Small town, big history!"
- "Basaic Connellsville Page"
- "Coke Became KING"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Connellsville
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (178)
Have you been to Connellsville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Connellsville
Photos in ConnellsvilleSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos