"Basaic Brookville Page" Brookville by Basaic
Brookville Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Brookville was first settled in 1790 by two brothers; Joseph and Andrew Barnett and their brother-in-law. The town was named Port Barnett and was located at the confluence of the Sandy Lick and Mill Creeks. Lumber has been a mainstay of the economy for most of its existance. Of note is the fact that Twyford Motors, which manufactured the world's first 4 wheel drive vehicle was located here. Today Brookville is still thriving pretty well and has grown to over 4000 people. It is located about 100 miles Northeast of Pittsburg and is just South of Interstate 80. It is the County Seat of Jefferson County and I like this courthouse.
The Jefferson County History Center is located in the historic center of town on Main Street. It houses a number of exhibits, facilities for research and other attractions relating to the history of Brookville and Jefferson County. The Center is organized by the Jefferson County Historical Society and is in the old N. G. Edelblute Building, which was built in the late 1800s.
Brookville has a nice historic District with several buildings of historic and/or architectural interest.
Brookville has a couple of nice monuments/memorials to veterans.
Basaic's Related Pages
Brookville Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Brookville
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Brookville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brookville
Photos in BrookvilleSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos