"Basaic Altus Page" Altus by Basaic
Altus Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 8 photos
Altus is a town of just under 20,000 (up 8% since 2000) located at the intersection of US Highways 62 and 283 in Southwest Oklahoma near the border with Texas. Altus was settled in 1886 as Frazer and later changed its name to Altus (meaning "High place"). The town is home to an air force base and a college, and is the county seat of Jackson County. The Jackson County Courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Altus has a decent little historic district with a few buildings of historic and/or architectural interest.
This is by far the most unusual, strange looking Civil War Memorial I have seen. Not sure what the concept was but I will not comment on what it looks like.
Basaic's Related Pages
Altus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Altus Page"
- "Home ... SWEET HOME!"
- "Pemby in Altus"
- "OK is the best"
- "Altus, OK"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Altus
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1368)
Have you been to Altus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Altus
Photos in AltusSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos