"Basaic Silver City Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Silver City by Basaic
Silver City Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 134 photos
Silver City is a very friendly small city in Southwest New Mexico. Its location on the road leading to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, and its proximity to several state parks, make it an ideal town to use as a base for exploring the area. Take some time to tour this interesting city too. The Silver City Museum is located in an 1881 home built in the Mansard-Italianate Style of architecture. It houses some interesting displays about the history of the area.
One of the most well-known residents of Silver City would be Billy the Kid. William Bonney was born and raised here. He also got his first job, committed his first crime, and was jailed for the first time here. This is a recreation of the cabin he grew up in.
Almost everyone I saw in Silver City said hello. I had nice conversations with several people including Helen here, who was a Nursing Student at Western New Mexico University.
- In a nutshell:Friendliest Town in the Area
Java the Hut is located on Bullard Street in the Historic District. They specialize in deli sandwiches, hot dogs, and... more travel advice
There are some recreations of shops and other places important to the history of Silver City. The first bank in the area... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Silver City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Silver City Page"
- "A very appealing town"
- "The Odd Culture Clashes of Southwestern New Mexico"
- "7dolphin7's new Silver City Page"
- "Not Much here yet...."
- "Silver City, New Mexico"
- "towhee's Gila Cliff Dwellings Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Silver City
- Hotels in Silver City
- Transportation in Silver City
- Nightlife in Silver City
- Restaurants in Silver City
- Shopping in Silver City
- Warnings and Dangers in Silver City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Silver City
- 24 Reviews
- 61 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Silver City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Silver City
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Collecting Postcards for my..."
- Commented on one of bocmaxima's Silver City travel pages
- updated a Silver City Travel Page "Basaic Silver City Page"
- Wrote a Review Deli Food and Great Coffee in Silver City Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Deli Food and Great Coffee"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos