"Basaic Silver City Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Silver City by Basaic

Silver City Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 149 photos

Silver City Museum

Silver City is a very friendly small city in Southwest New Mexico. Its location on the road leading to the Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument, and its proximity to several state parks, make it an ideal town to use as a base for exploring the area. Take some time to tour this interesting city too. The Silver City Museum is located in an 1881 home built in the Mansard-Italianate Style of architecture. It houses some interesting displays about the history of the area.

Billy the Kid

One of the most well-known residents of Silver City would be Billy the Kid. William Bonney was born and raised here. He also got his first job, committed his first crime, and was jailed for the first time here. This is a recreation of the cabin he grew up in.

Meet the Locals

Almost everyone I saw in Silver City said hello. I had nice conversations with several people including Helen here, who was a Nursing Student at Western New Mexico University.

• In a nutshell:Friendliest Town in the Area
  • Last visit to Silver City: Mar 2016
  • Intro Updated May 9, 2016

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Apr 24, 2011 at 11:13 AM

We're going to be stopping over in Silver City on our trip through NM in September. Thanks for the useful tips. We'll certainly check out the musuem and look out for Java the Hut, as a good espresso is always welcome ;-)

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
      Apr 12, 2016 at 12:50 PM

Would you believe that I don't know? Having said above about looking out for espresso, we didn't arrive here till mid afternoon and opted for ice cream at Alotta Gelatto instead. And as we were staying in a B&B we didn't need search for coffee in the morning. But we did like Silver and especially the Buffalo Bar and those ices: "A very appealing town" - Silver City by toonsarah

• Basaic's Profile Photo
      Apr 13, 2016 at 11:39 AM

I looked over your Silver City Page yesterday as I was updating my own. Very nice!

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2009 at 2:50 AM

Interesting to know the birthplace of Billy the Kid.

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 23, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Nice page about that place! Thanks, Jim!

Basaic

“As for me, I'll take the road less traveled.”

Badges & Stats in Silver City

Have you been to Silver City?

Latest Activity in Silver City