"Basaic Rock Hound State Park Page" Rock Hound State Park by Basaic
Rock Hound State Park Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 29 photos
The biggest attractions to Rockhound State Park are hiking and rock collecting. The Thunder Egg Trail is a 1.1 mile trail through the foothills of the Small Florida Mountains and offers great views of the Big Florida Mountains and the valley below. The trail ends to the Camping Area and is not a loop so you have to either backtrack or walk down the road to return to the trailhead. It also connects to the trail leading back to the Visitors Center. This is the primary trail for looking for interesting rocks. Here at the park you can find: quartz, chalcedony, agate, geodes common opals and other semi-precious stones. Each person may take up to 15 pounds of rocks out of the park.
Camping is available at the park. They have sites with and without electricity. Plus beautiful scenery at no extra charge.
There are also picnic sites available in the park.
The Thunder Egg Trail is a 1.1 mile trail through the foothills of the Small Florida Mountains and offers great views of... more travel advice
There are several picnic sites in the park so you can eat your lunch surrounded by beauty. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Rock Hound State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Rock Hound State Park Page"
- "Jumping Around Rock Hound State Park!"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Rock Hound State Park
- 5 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Rock Hound State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rock Hound State Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Death or Not?"
- Commented on one of jumpingnorman's Rock Hound State Park travel pages
- updated a Rock Hound State Park Travelogue "Views From Thunder Egg Trail"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Views From Thunder Egg Trail"
- Wrote a Review Hike the Thunder Egg Trail in Rock Hound State Park Sports & Outdoors
Photos in Rock Hound State ParkSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos