"Basaic Pinos Altos Page" Pinos Altos by Basaic
Pinos Altos Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 19 photos
Pinos Altos is an interesting historic town on the main route between Silver City and the Gila Cliff Dwellings. If you are going to the cliff dwellings and have the time it is worth a brief stop. One of the most famous buildings in the historic town of Pinos Altos (Tall Pines) is probably the Buckhorn Saloon. During its heyday it was reputed to get pretty wild. Today it houses a restaurant that serves dinner only starting at 6PM. It also has an open mike night and live music.
CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR RENOVATIONS!
Also in the town is the Pinos Altos Museum. The museum houses a collection of antique items from the late 1800s and early 1900s. The museum is housed in a log cabin from the 1860s and at one time the building served as the 1st schoolhouse in Grant County. It has a large giftshop and only costs $1 to go in the museum.
This is not an actual store owned by the famous (or infamous) Judge Roy Bean but a building built on the site where they think Roy Bean and his brother owned a store in the 1860s.
- In a nutshell:Quaint and Interesting Little Town
The Pinos Altos Ice Cream Parlor, Cafe, Gift Shop and Post Office is housed in the Norton Store which was built in the... more travel advice
The Hearst Church was built in 1898 with money from the Hearst Family. Today it houses the Grant County Art Guild along... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Pinos Altos Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Pinos Altos
- 10 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1410)
Have you been to Pinos Altos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pinos Altos
Photos in Pinos AltosSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos