"Basaic Las Cruces Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Las Cruces by Basaic
Las Cruces Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 204 photos
Las Cruces is the largest city in Southern New Mexico with a population of just under 100,000. It is the county seat of Dona Ana County and was recently voted a top place to retire. The town boasts several nice museums, a number of hotels and restaurants ranging from the fancy and luxurious to those you want to avoid and has a acmpus of the New Mexico State University. It is located near the borders with Texas and Mexico and is at the intersection of Interstate 10 and 25. The Tularosa Basin, which includes the area where Las Cruces is now located has been occupied since about 9000 to 10,000 BC when hunter gatherers came to the area.
The downtown area has a pretty nice plaza and two main historic Districts: Alameda; and Mesquite. Three of the museums are also located in the downtown area, two on the mall and one about 5 blocks away.
There are two museums on the Univerity Campus (NMSU Museum and the Zuhl Museum); one at the mall (Museum of Natural History); and one on the edge of town (Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum). There is also the historic town of Mesilla on the Western edge of town. The town of Mesilla also include the newest New Mexico State Park Mesilla Valley Bosque State Park which just opened in December 2008.
Please note that the Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum restricts any photography for anything other than personal use. I got permission to use these photographs.
"All photographs of the Fram and Ranch Heritage Museum where taken by me and are used with the permission of and courtesy of the Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum".
- In a nutshell:Very nice town in Southern New Mexico
I tend to avoid buffets lately because they are not really on my diet and like many I tend to overeat. I stopped in here... more travel advice
This Super 8 looks newer and nicer than the other one in Las Cruces on the outside. But inside it is much the same but... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Las Cruces Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Las Cruces Page"
- "LAS CRUCES, NEW MEXICO, USA"
- "Las Cruces"
- "Jumping Around Las Cruces!"
- "A Gateway More Than a City"
- "Las Cruces"
- "The Crosses"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Las Cruces
- Hotels in Las Cruces
- Nightlife in Las Cruces
- Restaurants in Las Cruces
- Shopping in Las Cruces
- Warnings and Dangers in Las Cruces
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Las Cruces
- 32 Reviews
- 89 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1732)
Have you been to Las Cruces?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Las Cruces
Photos in Las CrucesSee All Photos (89)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos