"Basaic Cloudcroft Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cloudcroft by Basaic
Cloudcroft Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 109 photos
Burro Street is home to some of the most historic buildings in Cloudcroft. Today these buildings house a hotel, a couple of retsaurants, a nice bar or two and a variety of shops. It seemed like a nice place to hang out and the people were fairly friendly.
Another historic building is The Lodge. The Lodge was built by the Alamagordo and Sacremento Railroad in 1899. It is still a great destination with a spa, a golf course, a fine restaurant, and nice accomodations. There are also reports the place is haunted by a ghost of a chambermaid named "Rebecca" that appears with bright red hair and blue eyes.
An interesting side trip from Cloudcroft is going up New Mexico Highways 130 and 6563 to Apache Point and Sunspot. Sunspot and Apache Point both have a variety of types of telescopes to observe various phenomena about the sun and other parts of the universe. You can only walk through the grounds at Apache Point; but there are open buildings and a nice museum at Sunspot.
- In a nutshell:Historic Town in Beautiful Area with Extras
Part of US Highway 82 between Alamogordo and Cloudcroft goes through the Lincoln National Forest. There is a nice... more travel advice
An unexpected bonus I encountered while walking the tour was some fairly tame deer I saw. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Cloudcroft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Cloudcroft Page"
- "Off The Beaten Path"
- "Cloudcroft, New Mexico, US"
- "mountain outdoor heaven"
- "I Left My Heart in Cloudcroft!"
- "chris7ba's new Cloudcroft Page"
- "Unexpected mountain getaway, Western style"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cloudcroft
- Hotels in Cloudcroft
- Transportation in Cloudcroft
- Nightlife in Cloudcroft
- Restaurants in Cloudcroft
- Shopping in Cloudcroft
- Warnings and Dangers in Cloudcroft
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cloudcroft
- 20 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Cloudcroft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cloudcroft
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Collecting Postcards for my..."
- Commented on one of ArizonaBay's Cloudcroft travel pages
- Wrote a Review US 82 through the Lincoln NF in Cloudcroft Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "US 82 through the Lincoln NF"
- updated a Cloudcroft Travel Page "Basaic Cloudcroft Page"
Photos in CloudcroftSee All Photos (63)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos