"Basaic Aztec Ruins National Monument Page" Aztec Ruins National Monument by Basaic
Aztec Ruins National Monument Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Aztec Ruins is a national monument under the National Park Service. It preserves ruins from the height of the Chaco Culture in this area and is located in Northwest New Mexico near the town of Aztec. You will start your tour of Aztec National Monument, at the visitors center.
The ruins preserve about 400 rooms of an Ancestral Puebloan Great House, built by the Chaco Culture begining between 900 and 1000 years ago. You can walk through many of the rooms and get a feel for how they were built and the lives of the people who lived there.
There is also a very interesting reconstructed "Great Kiva" or religious/ ceremonial room on site.
- In a nutshell:Interesting Glimpse Into the Past
Basaic's Related Pages
Aztec Ruins National Monument Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Aztec Ruins National Monument Page"
- Create a Aztec Ruins National Monument Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Aztec Ruins National Monument
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1732)
Have you been to Aztec Ruins National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aztec Ruins National Monument
Photos in Aztec Ruins National MonumentSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos