"Basaic Alamogordo Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Alamogordo by Basaic
Alamogordo Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 150 photos
Just south of Alamogordo, you will find 275 square miles of White Gypsum Sand Dunes rising from the floor of the Tularosa Basin. This is the world's largest gypsum dune field. White Sands National Monument preserves a major portion of this unique dune field, along with the plants and animals that have successfully adapted to this constantly changing environment.
A little farther south of that is the White Sands Missil Range which includes the White Sands Missile Museum. Both are worth a visit.
The Alameda Park and Zoo was established in 1898 and is the oldest zoo in New Mexico. This 7 acre zoo is home to 90 different species and over 300 animals. The zoo is next to the Airborne Park, and near Founder's Park, the Historic New York Street, and the County Court House.
Alamogordo boasts several museums. To me, one of the most interesting was the New Mexico Museum of Space History. Other museums include: The Tularosa Basin Museum and the Toy Train Depot and Museum.
- In a nutshell:Nice Museums; White Sands;
There is a shopping mall with a J C Penny's, a Beall's, a Burkes Outlet and a K Mart in addition to other stores on US... more travel advice
There is a Riparian Nature Trail in Oliver Lee Memorial State Park. A riparian area is a ribbon of green that surrounds... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Alamogordo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Alamogordo Page"
- "Spaced out in Alamogordo"
- "Dusty Old Town in New Mexico"
- "Sharrie's Alamogordo IMAX"
- "Alamogordo is my home"
- "This ol' hell hole"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alamogordo
- Hotels in Alamogordo
- Nightlife in Alamogordo
- Restaurants in Alamogordo
- Shopping in Alamogordo
- Warnings and Dangers in Alamogordo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alamogordo
- 28 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1348)
Have you been to Alamogordo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alamogordo
Photos in AlamogordoSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 217 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos