"Basaic Alamogordo Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Alamogordo by Basaic
Alamogordo Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 156 photos
Just south of Alamogordo, you will find 275 square miles of White Gypsum Sand Dunes rising from the floor of the Tularosa Basin. This is the world's largest gypsum dune field. White Sands National Monument preserves a major portion of this unique dune field, along with the plants and animals that have successfully adapted to this constantly changing environment.
A little farther south of that is the White Sands Missile Range which includes the White Sands Missile Museum. Both are worth a visit.
The Alameda Park and Zoo was established in 1898 and is the oldest zoo in New Mexico. This 7 acre zoo is home to 90 different species and over 300 animals. The zoo is next to the Airborne Park, and near Founder's Park, the Historic New York Street, and the County Court House.
Alamogordo boasts several museums. To me, one of the most interesting was the New Mexico Museum of Space History. Other museums include: The Tularosa Basin Museum and the Toy Train Depot and Museum.
- In a nutshell:Nice Museums; White Sands;
$124 as of October 2016, (prices vary by day of the week, special events and other factors). The Fairfield is under the... more travel advice
$113 as of October 2016, (prices vary by day of the week, special events and other factors). The Holiday Inn Express in... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Alamogordo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Alamogordo Page"
- "Spaced out in Alamogordo"
- "Dusty Old Town in New Mexico"
- "Alamogordo is my home"
- "Sharrie's Alamogordo IMAX"
- "This ol' hell hole"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alamogordo
- Hotels in Alamogordo
- Nightlife in Alamogordo
- Restaurants in Alamogordo
- Shopping in Alamogordo
- Warnings and Dangers in Alamogordo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alamogordo
- 32 Reviews
- 97 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1835)
Have you been to Alamogordo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alamogordo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos