"Basaic Scotts Bluff National Monument Page" Scotts Bluff National Monument by Basaic
Scotts Bluff National Monument Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 33 photos
Scotts Bluff was a landmark along the Oregon and California Trails. Between 1841 and 1869 some 350,000 pioneers headed west in the shadow of Scotts Bluff. This is about 1/3 of the way along the trail. Settlers did not stay here long to celebrate, however, because they had to get through the mountain passes in the Rockys before winter or they could well die.
The visitors center has some nice displays about the history of the trails west, the people that took them and the local area.
There is a trail to the top of Scotts Bluff. I think it is paved all the way but as you reach the bluff it gets steep. I wimped out and drove to the top.
A portion of the Old Oregon Trail goes right by the entrance to the park.
Basaic's Related Pages
Scotts Bluff National Monument Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Scotts Bluff National Monument
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (120)
Have you been to Scotts Bluff National Monument?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Scotts Bluff National Monument
Photos in Scotts Bluff National MonumentSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos