"Basaic Kearney Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Kearney by Basaic
Kearney Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 466 photos
Kearney is a small city of almost 32,000 (up 16% since 2000) located just off Interstate 80, along US Highway 30, in Central Nebraska. Kearney was named for nearby Fort Kearny which was named after Colonel Stephen Kearny. The origin of the extra "e" in the town's name seems open for debate. One story says it was an error by the post office. Kearney is the county seat of Buffalo County. Buffalo County was established in 1855 and was named for the plentiful buffalo in the area (then not now). Actress Leslie Easterbrook (Police Academy) and radio personality Charlie Tuna are from the area (as is distinguished VTer Rich62).
Kearney has an extensive historic district with quite a few buildings of historical and/or architectural interest. Many of these are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. I really liked the area called "The Bricks" where they have retained the brick streets.
Kearney also has a number of interesting museums.
- In a nutshell:Great Town to Visit!
This is a recreation of a traditional Pawnee Earth Lodge. The thing I found most interesting about it was that it was... more travel advice
If you are in downtown Kearney and are looking for a nice Irish Pub to grab a quick burger and a beer (or more) consider... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Kearney Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Kearney Page"
- "KEARNEY, NEBRASKA 68847"
- "Welcome to Kearney!"
- "View from the highway"
- "Mid-point of the Nation"
- "Calidris's Kearney Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kearney
- Hotels in Kearney
- Transportation in Kearney
- Nightlife in Kearney
- Restaurants in Kearney
- Shopping in Kearney
- Warnings and Dangers in Kearney
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kearney
- 22 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1751)
Have you been to Kearney?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kearney
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos