"Basaic Makoshika State Park Page" Makoshika State Park by Basaic
Makoshika State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Makoshika State Park is the largest state park in Montana and derived its name from the Sioux word meaning "bad land". You can kinda see why the area is called taht in the photo. The park is located in Eastern Montana near the town of Glendive. It offers camping, wildlife viewing, and several very nice hiking trails.
Start your tour of the park at the visitors center where you will pay the entrance fee, and can get a map of the park and advice on how to best enjoy the park in accordance with your interests and the time you have on hand.
The visitors center has a museum with several interesting and well presented displays of the area, its history and geological development, and the people that called it home.
- In a nutshell:Not That Much of a "Bad Land"!
Basaic's Related Pages
Makoshika State Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Makoshika State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Makoshika State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Makoshika State Park
Photos in Makoshika State ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos