"Basaic Voyageurs NP Page" Voyageurs National Park by Basaic
Voyageurs National Park Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 118 photos
The most important element in Voyageurs National Park is water. The park exists because of it. The early settlers (both the Indian Tribes and the white settlers that followed) used the waters for transportation and food. They used the numerous islands for hunting, for shelter, and in many cases for illegal activities. Much of the park is still a wilderness area that looks much like it did when these settlers first arrived. Voyageurs has a grand total of over 218,000 acres of which about 84,000 is water. There are over 500 islands and a total of 655 miles of shoreline.
Although you really need a boat and time to explore the waterways and islands to fully enjoy this park, there are a variety of historical sites and museums to visit to learn about the areas history.
In addition to boating, fishing and other waterborne sports there are some nice hiking trails and abundant wildlife to enjoy.
- In a nutshell:An interesting area little changed through the centuries
As always, you should obey all warning signs. They are there to for your safety and to protect the park, its wildlife,... more travel advice
At the Kabetogama Lake area of the park, they have an NPS boat called "The Otter" that takes you on the ranger sponsored... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Voyageurs National Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Voyageurs National Park
- Hotels in Voyageurs National Park
- Transportation in Voyageurs National Park
- Restaurants in Voyageurs National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Voyageurs National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Voyageurs National Park
- 45 Reviews
- 110 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Voyageurs National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Voyageurs National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Collecting Postcards for my..."
- Wrote a Review Naming the Islands in Voyageurs National Park Local Customs
- Uploaded a Photo to "Obey the Warning Signs"
- updated a Voyageurs National Park Travel Page "Basaic Voyageurs NP Page"
- Commented on one of Toughluck's Voyageurs National Park travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 114 reviews, 209 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos