"Basaic Fort Wilkins State Park Page" Fort Wilkins State Park by Basaic
Fort Wilkins State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Fort Wilkins State Historic Park protects and displays a restored fort built in 1844 and one of the first lighthouses on Lake Superior. The ofrt protected US interests along Lake Superior. The fort is nicely restored and filled with interesting displays and artifacts from the mid-1800s.
The park had costumed roleplayers to add to the authenticty of the fort. When I visited they had a group of elementary school aged kids that roleplayed part time for school credit. They were quite good and very knowledgeable. Really impressed the heck out of me!
One of the most recent additions to the park was the display of items in the Suttlers Store. The volunteer here too, aws quite knowledgeable.
- In a nutshell:Definitely a Neat Place to Visit
Basaic's Related Pages
Fort Wilkins State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Fort Wilkins State Park Page"
- Create a Fort Wilkins State Park Travel Page
Badges & Stats in Fort Wilkins State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Fort Wilkins State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Wilkins State Park
Photos in Fort Wilkins State ParkSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos