"Basaic Fort Michilimackinac State Park Page" Fort Michilimackinac State Park by Basaic
Fort Michilimackinac State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Fort Michillimackinac is a reconstructed fort and fur trading village from the 1700s. It was carefully rebuilt using a number of maps, histroical records and 50 years of archeological study. Today it is open for tours as part of the Mackinac State Parks.
There are people in the fort/village area dressed in period costumes to help recreate the atmosphere from when Fort Michillimackinac was new.
There were a number of Indian Tribes that lived in the area prior to the establishment of Fort Michillimackinac. Members of the tribes that historically call this area home are frequently at the fort to tell their story too. This tribal elder was there when I visited and kindly agreed to be photographed.
- In a nutshell:An interesting piece of early American History
Basaic's Related Pages
Fort Michilimackinac State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Fort Michilimackinac State Park Page"
- Create a Fort Michilimackinac State Park Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fort Michilimackinac State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1603)
Have you been to Fort Michilimackinac State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fort Michilimackinac State Park
Photos in Fort Michilimackinac State ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos