"Basaic Fayette Page" Fayette by Basaic
Fayette Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Fayette State Historic Park is located on the southern shore of the Upper Peninsula along the Big Bay de Noc of Lake Michigan. The park preserves the historic town of Fayette, which was an industrial town making charcoal pig iron from 1867 to 1891. It is a fine example of what a company town was like in the late 1800s, and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The park is open roughly May to October depending on the weather. Shown here are the furnaces that aided in the manufacture of the iron.
The town was placed in a very pretty area with a calm bay that reduced the threat from storms on Lake Michigan.
This deer obviously thought the park was worth checking out.
- In a nutshell:Interesting piece of history in a pretty setting
Basaic's Related Pages
Fayette Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Fayette
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (120)
Have you been to Fayette?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fayette
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos