"Basaic Mansfield Page" Mansfield by Basaic
Mansfield Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 7 photos
Mansfield is a decent sized town of 5001 (2010 census) located in DeSoto Parish, Louisiana. Mansfield is located in the Northwestern part of the state. I kinda like the courthouse.
Mansfield was also the location of the Battle of Mansfield on 8 April 1864. In this battle General Richard Taylor (son of President Zachary Taylor) and his forces defeated 42,000 Union soldier who were attempting to capture the capitol, Shreveport. Taylors forces defeated the Union Forces and they withdrew to New Orleans. This stste historic site commemorates that battle.
Mansfield was also home to the first women's college west of the Mississippi. The Mansfield Female College was founded here in 1855.
Basaic's Related Pages
Mansfield Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
- Raposeira Hotels
- Haltwhistle Hotels
- Strawberry Hotels
- Gateway National Recreation Area Hotels
- Siggiewi Hotels
- Haderslev Hotels
- Pebble Beach
- Province of Sabaragamuwa
- Orange Beach
- Murmanskaya Oblast'
- Sierra los Cuchumatanes
Badges & Stats in Mansfield
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (138)
Have you been to Mansfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mansfield
Photos in MansfieldSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos