"Basaic Bossier City Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Bossier City by Basaic
Bossier City Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 49 photos
Bossier City is a decent sized city of about 65,000 (up 15% since 2000) located across the Red River from Shreveport at the intersection of Interstates 49 and 20 and US Highway 71, in Northwest Louisiana near the borders with Arkansas and Texas. You might expect Bossier City to be the parish seat since it is the largest town and shares the name of the parish; but it is not. Bossier City was started as Bennett's Bluff in the 1830's named after a plantation owner who was one of the first settlers in the area, then Cane City and eventually Bossier City. In 1843 Bossier Parish was formed and was named after a Creole general who was another early settler in the area.
There are 5 casinos in Bossier City. I admit I am not big on going to casinos so I am not an expert. (I did have to play... more travel advice
Bass Pro Shops started in 1971 and have expanded to where it serves over 75 million sportsmen (and women) throughout the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Bossier City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bossier City"
- "Basaic Bossier City Page"
- "East of Shreveport"
- "Jeremy_Smith's new Bossier City Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bossier City
- Hotels in Bossier City
- Transportation in Bossier City
- Nightlife in Bossier City
- Restaurants in Bossier City
- Shopping in Bossier City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bossier City
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Bossier City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bossier City
Photos in Bossier CitySee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos