"Basaic New Haven Page" New Haven by Basaic
New Haven Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 21 photos
New Haven is a small town of about 870 (up 3% since 2000) located along US Highway 31E in Nelson County in Central Kentucky. The town was established in 1871 as "Pottinger's Landing" but was renamed after New Haven, Connecticut in 1819. New Haven was occupied by Union Forces during the Civil War. The Louisville and Nashville Railroad arrived here in 1856. The depot built then is one of the oldest in the country and is now home to the Kentucky Railway Museum.
The parish at St. Catherine's Catholic Church was established in 1844. The current building is the third church on this site and was completed in 1930. I like the style of this church a lot.
Basaic's Related Pages
New Haven Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in New Haven
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1805)
Have you been to New Haven?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Haven
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Not the best of birthdays for..."
- updated a New Haven Travel Page "Basaic New Haven Page"
- Wrote a Review St. Catherine's Catholic Church in New Haven Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "St. Catherine's Catholic Church"
- Commented on one of Little_Lou_Lou's New Haven travelogues
Photos in New HavenSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos