"Basaic Meade Page" Meade by Basaic
Meade Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Meade is a small town in Southwest Kansas, and is the county seat of Meade County. The town, and the county were incorporated in 1885. Population of Meade is slightly below 2000.
The Meade County Court House is a rather pretty one with nice Doric style columns. It was built in 1928 replacing the one built on the same site in 1888.
Meade has a nice historic district with several buildings of historic and/or architectural interest.
Although a small town, Meade boasts two nice museums. Meade is the home of the Meade County Museum and the evn more impressive Dalton Gang Hideout Museum. The Dalton Gang Hideout Museum is a must see for old west buffs.
- In a nutshell:Interesting Museums in a Nice Small Town
Basaic's Related Pages
Meade Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Meade
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Meade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Meade
Photos in MeadeSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos