"Basaic Shoshone Page" Shoshone by Basaic
Shoshone Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
Shoshone (pronounced Show-Shown) is a small town located in Southern Idaho. It is near the Shoshone Ice Caves and not too far from Craters of the Moon National Monument. Shoshone is the county seat of Lincoln County and has a population of around 1500. Shoshone is farming and dairy country.
When I visited the town was celebrating the Mannie Shaw's Old Time Fiddler's Jamboree complete with crafts booths, an antique car display, a fiddling contest, and lots of food. It was lots of fun, and showed the strong pride these people have in their community. I think the little girl in this photo won the contest. She was quite good.
Shoshone also has a nice historic district; including the historic old railroad depot. In the days before refrigeration, Shoshone kept beer in the Shoshone Ice Caves making the town the only place for hundreds of miles where you could get a cold beer.
Basaic's Related Pages
Shoshone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Shoshone Page"
- "Into the Icy Depths"
- "SHOSHONE INDIAN ICE CAVES, IDAHO"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shoshone
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1369)
Have you been to Shoshone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shoshone
Photos in ShoshoneSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos