"Basaic Massacre Rocks Page" Massacre Rocks State Park by Basaic
Massacre Rocks State Park Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 6 photos
During the time of the Oregon Trail, this area was called "Devil's Gate", or "Gate of Death" because this was a perfect spot for warriors of the Indian Nations to wait and ambush wagon trains and settlers. Today this is a very pretty 1000 acre state park with a number of attractions like: The Snake River, hiking trails, and register rock.
The Snake River runs through the park and there are a couple of nice trails leading by it or to great viewpoints.
Be sure not to miss register rock, where settlers carved their names and dates into the rock's surface. Make sure you do not miss the Indian Head carved by a 7 year-old!
Basaic's Related Pages
Massacre Rocks State Park Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Massacre Rocks State Park
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Massacre Rocks State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Massacre Rocks State Park
Photos in Massacre Rocks State ParkSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos