"Basaic West Branch/Herbert Hoover Page" West Branch by Basaic
West Branch Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 17 photos
The small town of West Branch is best known, by the few who have heard of it, as the birthplace of the 31st President of the United States Herbert Hoover. The main photo for this page is the house he was born in.
Hoover was raised in a community dominated by the "Religious Society of Friends" also known as Quakers. This upbrining strongly influenced Hoover the rest of his life and caused him to adopt the principles of hard work, honesty, simplicity and genorosity.
There are several buildings in West Bank, not related to Hoover, that are of historical and architectural interest.
Basaic's Related Pages
West Branch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "BIRTHPLACE OF AN UNCOMMON MAN FOR UNCOMMON TIMES"
- "Herbert Hoover National Historic Site"
- "Basaic West Branch/Herbert Hoover Page"
- "Really about Springdale...."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in West Branch
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to West Branch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in West Branch
Photos in West BranchSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos