"Basaic Orange City Page" Orange City by Basaic
Orange City Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 21 photos
Orange City is a decent sized town of just over 6000 located in the Northwest corner of the state. The town was settled in 1870 by settlers looking for better and cheaper land. Many of the settlers were Dutch and the town clings to, and celebrates, its Dutch heritage. The Sioux County Courthouse is one of my favorites in the state and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Orange City has a nice museum showing the history of the city and the area.
In celebration of the heavy Dutch influence on the town the city park has an excellent display of various types of windmills. It is a great place to learn about windmills and to relax. Orange City hosts aa annual Tulip Festival for 3 days each May.
- In a nutshell:Enjoy the Dutch Influence
Basaic's Related Pages
Orange City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Orange City Page"
- "A little bit of Dutch in Iowa"
- "Orange City, US"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Orange City
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1759)
Have you been to Orange City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Orange City
Photos in Orange CitySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos