"Basaic Providence Canyon Page" Providence Canyon State Park by Basaic
Providence Canyon State Park Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 29 photos
Start your tour at the Visitors Center, where you can get a park brochure and information to help you enjoy your visit.
Visitors are amazed at the breathtaking colors of Georgia's "Little Grand Canyon". But unlike the Grand Canyon these 150 foot deep gullies were caused by erosion due to poor farming practices in the 1800s. The multicolored hues of the canyon walls sometimes combine with colorful wildflowers to make a great view.
Visitors can enjoy views of the canyons from the rim trail, and backpackers who set off before 4 PM can stay overnight along the backcountry trail.
Obey all warning signs, they are there to protect the park and for your safety. The cliffs are fragile, if you go past... more travel advice
Take the 3 mile rim trail or the 7 mile back country trail. Good walking shoes, sunscreen, a hat, plenty of water, and... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Providence Canyon State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Providence Canyon Page"
- "providence canyon state park"
- "Man Made Grand Canyon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Providence Canyon State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Providence Canyon State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Providence Canyon State Park
- 6 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1608)
Have you been to Providence Canyon State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Providence Canyon State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos