"Basaic Plains/Jimmy Carter NHS Page" Plains by Basaic
Plains Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 87 photos
This is the Plains Railroad Depot. It served as Campaign Headquarters for his presidential campaign. Inside is a collection of memorabilia about the man and the campaign.
Carter grew up on this farm, which was located near the small community of Archery, Georgia just outside Plains. Many of the farm workers and his closest neighbors were African-American. This help form Carter's views on race relations.
Two other places that greatly influenced the man Carter became were the churches and schools.
This smiling peanut has become the symbol of the peanut farmer who became president. more travel advice
Jimmy?s brother Billy ran this gas station. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Plains Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Plains/Jimmy Carter NHS Page"
- "plains, ga"
- "Small town with an international impact."
- "Go back in time"
- "Jimmy Carter's Hometown"
- "Plains, Georgia"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Plains
- 16 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Plains?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plains
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos