"Basaic Lincolton Page" Lincolnton by Basaic
Lincolnton Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 4 photos
Lincolnton is a small town with just over 1500 residents, located along US Highway 378, in Northeast Georgia near the South Carolina border. Lincolnton is the county seat of Lincoln County. Contrary to what you might think (as did I) neither the town nor the county are named for Abraham Lincoln but for General Benjamin Lincoln from the Revolutionary War.
One particular note of interest. General Lincoln received the Sword of Surrender from General Cornwallis at Yorktown.
Lincolnton has a number of buildings and districts of historical and/or architectural interest. A number of them are listed on the National register of Historic Places.
Lincolnton has a nice memorial to the members of the armed forces from Lincoln County. It is located on the courthouse grounds.
- In a nutshell:Nice Little Town in a Pretty Area
Basaic's Related Pages
Lincolnton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Lincolnton
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1832)
Have you been to Lincolnton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincolnton
Photos in LincolntonSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos