"City in Southwest Georgia" Albany by Basaic
Albany Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 54 photos
Albany is trying to improve the quality of life in, and the reputation of, the downtown area. One of the things they did was to make Riverfront Park. They are also renovating several buildings in the area. Albany appears to be trying hard, and I wish them luck!
Albany has also developed a fairly impressive RiverQuariam to highlight the plants and animals native to the Flint River and the nearby (relatively) Gulf of Mexico. Entrance is $9.00 for an adult; $8.00 Senior; $6.50 for kids 4 to 12; and kids 3 and under are free. They also offer a ticket for $7.00 to the military but you have to ask. There are also special rates for large groups and for schools.
There is also a theatre across the sidewalk. You can buy a combo ticket allowing you access to both and save money.
Hours of operation are 9 AM yo 5 PM Monday through Friday; 10 AM to 6 PM Saturday; and 1 PM to 5 PM Sunday. The Riverquarium is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
They also sponsored a contest where companies and individuals decorated turtles to be placed in the park and various parts of town. Here you see the winning entry.
- Pros:Striving to improve things for citizens and visitors
- Cons:There is a lot of gang violence in Albany
- In a nutshell:I visit to see family
Ole Times Buffet has a wide variety of good Southern food. And it is all you can eat. The Fried Chicken was good. Lots... more travel advice
Albany has a large new library on the Northwest side of town. Lots of room for books, and a number of computers for... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Albany Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "City in Southwest Georgia"
- "albany georgia"
- "Albany...The Good Life City"
- "Welcome to Albany, GA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Albany
- Hotels in Albany
- Transportation in Albany
- Nightlife in Albany
- Restaurants in Albany
- Warnings and Dangers in Albany
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Albany
- 14 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (141)
Have you been to Albany?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albany
Photos in AlbanySee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (106)
Latest Albany hotel reviews
- Quality Inn Merry Acres
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 16, 2013
- Wingate Inn Albany Mall (2735 Dawson Road )
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Regency Inn Albany
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 9, 2013
- Sleep Inn Albany
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Days Inn Albany Georgia
- 22 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 27, 2013
- Holiday Inn Albany Mall-Dawson Road
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hilton Garden Inn Albany
- 103 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013