"Basaic Ochopee Page" Ochopee by Basaic
Ochopee Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 59 photos
Big Cypress National Preserve is a 729,000 acre area keeping this swamp, and its abundance of wildlife, safe for future generations to enjoy. The Big Cypress Swamp also provides much of the water the Everglades needs to survive. There are a variety of activities permitted here that are not allowed in most national parks. Hunting, fishing, off-road vehicle use and even gas and oil exploration is allowed; but within strict guidelines to protect the wilderness areas.
Along US Highway 41 you will also see the information center for the Miccosukee Indians. There are several chances to see alligators, take airboat rides (an exciting event) and to try the local food.
This restaurant is located just outside the Shark Valley entrance to Everglades National Park. It is co-located with the... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Ochopee Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Ochopee Page"
- "wootens airboat"
- "Big Cypress National Preserve"
- "anotherpath's new Ochopee Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ochopee
- 13 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (159)
Have you been to Ochopee?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ochopee
Photos in OchopeeSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos