"Basaic Biscayne National Park Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Biscayne National Park by Basaic
Biscayne National Park Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 132 photos
Within sight of downtown Miami, yet worlds away, Biscayne protects a rare combination of aquamarine waters, emerald islands, and fish-bejeweled coral reefs. Here too is evidence of 10,000 years of human history, from pirates and shipwrecks to pineapple farmers and presidents. Outdoors enthusiasts can boat, snorkel, camp, watch wildlife…or simply relax in a rocking chair gazing out over the bay. The park consists of three distinct areas: the land; the water; and the croal reefs below the waves. There are over 173,000 acres protected by the park, the vast majority of which is water.
There are several nice and interesting displays inside the Visitors Center.
There is also a nice hiking trail that leads along the waterway and along a jetty.
Please obey all warning signs; they are there for your safety and to preserve the park for the enjoyment of future... more travel advice
You can rent canoes and paddle boats to tour the area and see the islands. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Biscayne National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Biscayne National Park Page"
- "Sanctuary of Biscayne Bay"
- "Under the sea"
- "Biscayne National Park - Convoy Point"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Biscayne National Park
- Hotels in Biscayne National Park
- Transportation in Biscayne National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Biscayne National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Biscayne National Park
- 21 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Biscayne National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Biscayne National Park
Photos in Biscayne National ParkSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos