"Basaic Cortez Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortez by Basaic
Cortez Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 38 photos
Cortez is a town of about 8500 (up 6% since 2000) located at the intersection of US Highways 160 and 491 in the southwest corner of the state. Cortez was founded in 1886 and was named for Spanish Explorer Hernan Cortes. Cortez is the county seat of Montezuma County. Cortez is a popular tourist spot due to its proximity to many different sites of ancient Pueblo Indian Ruins along with the Four Corners (only place in the US where 4 states touch) and the beautiful Monument Valley.
One of the best places in the area to view and tour the ancient Pueblo Indian Ruins is nearby Mesa Verde National Park. I have a full page under Mesa Verde.
The Notah Dineh Museum is a combination trading post and museum and has the best collection of Navajo Rugs and other items in the area.
$10 as of July 2013 . I was not feeling that well when I checked in to the Super 8 in Cortez so I looked for a place... more travel advice
The crappy motel I stayed at has a restaurant associated with it. Talk about night and day. Obviously all the money and... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Cortez Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resting Place in Southwest Colorado"
- "Basaic Cortez Page"
- "Historical Ruins"
- "Mesa Verde Nt'l Monument"
- "4 Squared"
- "gowest2000's new Cortez Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortez
- Hotels in Cortez
- Transportation in Cortez
- Nightlife in Cortez
- Restaurants in Cortez
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortez
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1316)
Have you been to Cortez?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortez
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 217 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos