"Basaic Sequoia National Park Page" Sequoia National Park by Basaic
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide: 295 reviews and 638 photos
Sequoia National Park is intertwined with Kings Canyon National Park. This is home to the largest groves of these magnificent trees. The General Sherman Tree is 311 feet tall and is the largest (not the tallest) tree in the world. These trees live for about 3200 years and weigh about 2.7 million pounds. It is interesting to note that these huge tress grow only from seeds about the size of an oat flake.
Driving through the Tunnel Log is one of the most popular picture-taking opportunities in the park.
A variety of animals call the park home, too. This full grown Grizzly Bear walked right in front of my car, then slowly made his way up the rocks to the forest. He stopped once to stare at me.
One of the earlier, and fairly popular, stops along Generals Highway in the Foothills Area is Tunnel Rock. more travel advice
Between the southern entrance and Hospital Rock the Middle Fork Kaweah River follows along the road. This is a very... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Sequoia National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "I Had to Tell a Tree about a Girl: Sequoia"
- "Sequoia National Park:California Family Adventure"
- "Sequoias reside in mountainous terrain"
- "The hidden park"
- "BEST OF THE SIERRA NEVADA"
- "SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARK"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sequoia National Park
- Hotels in Sequoia National Park
- Transportation in Sequoia National Park
- Nightlife in Sequoia National Park
- Restaurants in Sequoia National Park
- Shopping in Sequoia National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Sequoia National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sequoia National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1761)
Have you been to Sequoia National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sequoia National Park
Photos in Sequoia National ParkSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos