"Beautiful Malibu" Malibu by Basaic
Malibu Travel Guide: 165 reviews and 552 photos
You can't help but to fantasize as you drive by these houses in Malibu about what it would be like to live here and have access to this place all the time.
There are, of course, several beaches near Malibu. They range from the wild with beautiful women dressed in barely there bikinis and guys in Speedos to more sedate family beaches. Since I came here with my friends and their kids, we chose Leo Carrillo State Park Beach. Leo Carrillo State Park was named for Leo Carrillo (1880-1961), actor, preservationist and conservationist, who served on the California Beach and Parks commission for eighteen years, and was instrumental in the state's acquisition of the Hearst property at San Simeon.
Carillo is best known by older Americans as the man who played Pancho, the sidekick to Duncan Renaldo's Cisco Kid, an early 1950's TV series. He was also realted to a long line of famous Californians. The park has 1 1/2 miles of beaches for swimming, surfing, windsurfing, surf fishing and beachcombing. You can also explore the tide pools, coastal caves and reefs. There are also facilities for camping, back-country hiking, and nature walks. There is a small visitor center has interpretive displays. During the summer, children's programs are available. The park is open from 7 AM to 10 PM. The gate is locked from 10 PM to 7 AM. For more detailed information/more photos, see my Leo Carrillo State Park Page.
Malibu Seafood offers a huge variety of the freshest seafood in the area to take out, eat there, or cook yourself. This is a must visit restaurant if you like seafood and are near Malibu. The widely varied menu includes things like: Pacific Red Snapper; Mahi Mahi; Swordfish; Sea Bass; Alaskan Halibut; Ahi Tuna; Giant Squid Steak; Salmon; Boneless Trout Filet; Large Shrimp; and Catfish with Cajun Spice. They also have chowders, sanwiches and other seafood specialties. The decor is not fancy; but the great food and the views of the beach more than make up for it. Try to sit in the terrace seating area for the best views of the beach and the fresh ocean air. Hours are 11 AM Until Closing for the restaurant and 10 AM to closing for the fish market. Call the restaurant for closing time. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- Pros:Beautiful People, Beautiful Scenery, Great Food
- In a nutshell:If you are in the area; you must stop in Malibu
As you leave Malibu, instead of taking the Pacific Coast Highway turn onto Malibu Canyon Road. As you reach the top of... more travel advice
Okay, this is not much of a tip; but I can't look at houses like these and not fantasize about how it would be to live... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Malibu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lovely Malibu"
- "Malibu! Sweet Livin!"
- "MALIBU: CELEBRITY PACIFIC COASTLINE PLAYGROUND"
- "THE GETTY VILLA MALIBU VIEWS"
- "Beautiful Malibu"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Malibu
- Hotels in Malibu
- Transportation in Malibu
- Nightlife in Malibu
- Restaurants in Malibu
- Shopping in Malibu
- Warnings and Dangers in Malibu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malibu
- 6 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (117)
Have you been to Malibu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malibu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos
Latest Malibu hotel reviews
- Casa Malibu Inn on the Beach
- 212 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Malibu Beach Inn
- 220 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2013
- Surfrider Beach Club
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2006
- Malibu Beach RV Park
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Malibu Country Inn
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 25, 2013