"Leo Carrillo State Beach" Leo Carrillo State Beach by Basaic
Leo Carrillo State Beach Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 74 photos
Leo Carrillo State Park was named for Leo Carrillo (1880-1961), actor, preservationist and conservationist, who served on the California Beach and Parks commission for eighteen years, and was instrumental in the state's acquisition of the Hearst property at San Simeon.
Carillo is best known by older Americans as the man who played Pancho, the sidekick to Duncan Renaldo's Cisco Kid, an early 1950's TV series. He was also realted to a long line of famous Californians. The park has 1 1/2 miles of beaches for swimming, surfing, windsurfing, surf fishing and beachcombing. You can also explore the tide pools, coastal caves and reefs. There are also facilities for camping, back-country hiking, and nature walks. There is a small visitor center has interpretive displays. During the summer, children's programs are available. The park is open from 7 AM to 10 PM. The gate is locked from 10 PM to 7 AM.
The beach has good facilities for surfing, sailboarding and parasailing.
You can also just relax, meet the people, or just watch the girls walk by.
- Pros:A More Sedate Family Oriented Beach
- Cons:A More Sedate Family Oriented Beach
- In a nutshell:Good to go with the family; but tame for singles
Of course one of the other popular things to do at the beach is watch the people. more travel advice
If you want a little more speed with your surfing try parasailing. You use a parasail to grab the wind and pull you... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Leo Carrillo State Beach Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Leo Carrillo State Beach, One of My Favorites"
- "Leo Carrillo State Beach"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- Hotels in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- Shopping in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- Warnings and Dangers in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- 11 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Leo Carrillo State Beach?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leo Carrillo State Beach
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: How will you celebrate your..."
- Wrote a Review Watch the People in Leo Carrillo State Beach Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Watch the People"
- created a Leo Carrillo State Beach Travel Page "Leo Carrillo State Beach"
- Commented on one of KimberlyAnn's Leo Carrillo State Beach travel pages
Photos in Leo Carrillo State BeachSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 557 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 116 reviews, 216 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos