"Beautiful El Centro" El Centro by Basaic
El Centro Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 22 photos
El Centro is the county seat of Imperial County. It is also the largest U.S. city to lie entirely below sea level, at 50 feet below sea level. The city's population is almost 40,000. With it's close proximity to Mexico and it's large Hispanic population, El Centro shows a strong Hispanic influence. The city was incorporated in 1907 and celebrated its 100th Anniversary on the 13th of October 2007. El Centro has a wide variety of motels and restaurants for your travel needs.
Famous people from El Centro include: Cher; Ken Howard; Donal Logue; and Rudy Saenz.
El Centro's historic district is fairly small and not that exciting; but does have a few buildings of historical and/or architectural interest. The gate is a nice touch.
Area Attractions include: The Salton Sea National Wildlife Refuge; the Imperial Sand Dunes National Recreation Area; Heber Dunes State Recreation Area; the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park; Painted Gorge and many other fine scenic and recreational activities. El Centro is located in Southern California and is between Yuma, Arizona and San Diego.
- In a nutshell:Not That Exciting; But Decent Food and Hotels
Mirage Bar and Grill The outside of the building looks like a Spanish mission. The bar itself was kinda small. I was not... more travel advice
$91 in November 2014. There are several choices at this exit from Interstate 8. The Comfort Inn and the Best Western are... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
El Centro Travel Guide
- Things to Do in El Centro
- Hotels in El Centro
- Nightlife in El Centro
- Restaurants in El Centro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Centro
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1369)
Have you been to El Centro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Centro
Photos in El CentroSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 223 reviews, 553 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos