"Basaic Angel Island Page" Angel Island State Park by Basaic

Angel Island State Park Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 50 photos

Getting There

I got to Angel Island, along with my nephew, his soon to be bride, his parents and a large number of his friends via a boat from San Francisco. The trip was great as we passed Alcatraz Island and settled into a little cove on Angel Island.

Angel Island State Park

Angel Island is sometimes referred to as the "Ellis Island of the West". Many of the immigrants from Asia were processed through here. The place where they were processed and housed, along with most of the island, has been made into a state park.

Ayala Cove

My trip here, though was not so much to tour as it was to attend a picnic to celebrate my nephews upcoming wedding. We had the picnic at Ayala Cove near where the boat from San Francisco docked. It was quite beautiful and a great setting for a picnic.

• In a nutshell:Beautiful place with an interesting history
  • Last visit to Angel Island State Park: Sep 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 15, 2011

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I have very fond memories of my first year in San Francisco, sailing with a group of "SF Singles" (which I quickly learned I was the only one on the boat that actually had sailed before) to Angel Island for a picnic and swim.

NOW those who know SF Bay realize this is a tourist thing, a new comer thing or a dedicated SF swimmer thing. Needless to say great quantities of Margaritas and assorted other concoctions put a number of us in the water.

It's great place with much historic memories.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Looks great Jim.
    Never heard of this place before.

Basaic

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”

Badges & Stats in Angel Island State Park

Have you been to Angel Island State Park?