"What to do in Winslow, Arizona" Top 5 Page for this destination Winslow by Basaic
Winslow Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 145 photos
Winslow is a town of about 10,000 located along Interstate 40 in North Arizona. The town was either named after Edward F. Winslow, a president of the St Louis and San Francisco Railroad, or Tom Winslow a local prospector. Nearby attractions include the Meteor Crater and Homolovi State Park.
The town of Winslow had these beams moved here from Ground Zero. They were part of the twin towers destroyed on September 11, 2001. The town of Winslow erected this monument as a memorial to those who were killed on that day and all others who have given their lives in defense of freedom.
Eagles fans (and anyone else) can stand on a corner in Winslow Arizona with a mural of a girl in a flatbed Ford. The town achieved international fame from the Eagles song "Take it Easy" which came out in 1972 and included the lines; "standin on a corner in Winslow, Arizona. It's such a fine sight to see. It's a girl, my lord, in a flatbed Ford slowin down to take a look at me. This corner is on 2nd and Kinsley.
- Pros:Winslow is a laid back, relaxed town
- Cons:Not the most exciting place
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop
Also on the City Hall Grounds is this sculpture entitled "Falling Meteor" in honor of the meteor that fell nearby... more travel advice
Winslow has a nice historic district with several buildings of historical and/or architectural interest. more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Winslow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What to do in Winslow, Arizona"
- "Little Painted Desert"
- "Amazing 50,000 year old meteor crater!"
- "Winslow Arizona"
- "Meteor site new Winslow AZ"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Winslow
- Hotels in Winslow
- Transportation in Winslow
- Restaurants in Winslow
- Shopping in Winslow
- Warnings and Dangers in Winslow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Winslow
- 24 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1433)
Have you been to Winslow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Winslow
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 224 reviews, 554 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 110 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 225 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sierra Vista Intro, 61 reviews, 152 photos