"Visit Historic and Artful Tubac" Tubac by Basaic
Tubac Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 339 photos
Although Native Americans occupied the area for thousands of years before the Spanish arrived, the town of Tubac traces its origin to the establishment of the Presidio at Tubac in 1752. Make sure if you come to this area you stop to see the Tubac Presidio State Historic Park, which is Arizona's first state park.
Today, Tubac is a friendly little community full of artisans and historians. The streets leading to the state park are full of bookstores, galleries, antique shop and working artist studios. Those interested in these types of activities can spend a few days wandering the area and shopping. On the southern outskirts of the town is the Plaza de Anza with several shops and restaurants. There is also a farmer's market held periodically at the plaza.
Tubac boasts a number of restaurants, ranging from small delis serving soups and sandwiches, to fine dining establishments. They also have a number of fine Bed & Breakfasts.
- Pros:Historical and Interesting
At The Country Shop you can find Southwestern and Mexican Arts and Crafts in a wide variety of media at fairly... more travel advice
One of the most popular places to eat in Tubac is Shelby's Bistro. They specialize in sandwiches, salads, pizza and... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Tubac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Art and history under the southern sun :-)"
- "Visit Historic and Artful Tubac"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tubac
- Transportation in Tubac
- Restaurants in Tubac
- Shopping in Tubac
- Warnings and Dangers in Tubac
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tubac
- 11 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1734)
Have you been to Tubac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tubac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos