"Basaic Tuba City Page" Tuba City by Basaic
Tuba City Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 29 photos
This is the Great Seal of the Navajo Nation, the largest Native American Tribe in North America. The seal was officially adopted by the Tribal Council on 18 January 1852 and was designed by John Claw, Jr. of Many Farms, AZ. The seal has a rainbow representing Navajo sovereignty with an opening on top representing the eastern direction with the sun rising. There are the four sacred mountains represented in the four sacred colors of white, blue, yellow and black. The green corn stalk represents the sustainment of Navajo life and the yellow on top represents the pollen used in scared Navajo ceremonies. Finally the animals represent the Navajo livestock industry.
The Tuba Trading Post has been in operation since 1870. It is still in operation and has a small grocery and lots of local art, crafts and souvenirs. There is a history walk leading to one of the entrances.
The Explore Navajo Musem, a hands-on museum, is located behind the historic Tuba Trading Post.
Navajo are close to the earth and have a special connection with their animals. Rodeo competitions are very popular,... more travel advice
Prominant in the main room is the Great Seal of the Navajo Nation along with an explanation of the symbology involved.... more travel advice
Basaic's Related Pages
Tuba City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Tuba City Page"
- "NYMansour's new Tuba City Page"
- "To Lori Piestewa (py-ESS-tuh-wah)"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tuba City
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1806)
Have you been to Tuba City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tuba City
Photos in Tuba CitySee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 225 reviews, 555 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 382 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 122 reviews, 352 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 117 reviews, 226 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 69 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yuma Intro, 71 reviews, 178 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos