Tombstone Off The Beaten Path Tips by Basaic Top 5 Page for this destination
Tombstone Off The Beaten Path: 16 reviews and 47 photos
Another attraction a little distance from the hustle and bustle of Tombstone is the Schieffelin Monument. To get to the monument drive northwest on Allen Street and veer right onto Schieffelin Monument Road. The road turns to dirt and is not well maintained so drive slowly. The monument was designed , as per his wishes, to resemble the pile of rocks miners used to stake their claims. The monument offers beautiful views of the surrounding area, and faces Schieffelin’s beloved town of Tombstone. The park is open 8 AM to 5 PM daily. There is a picnic table on site. Please place all waste in the trashcans provided, and follow the warnings on the sign by the entrance.
Picnic Pavilion at Landin Park
If you are tired of the hype in the main historic district of Tombstone go southeast on Allen Street and follow the signs to Landin Park. Landin Park has four or five covered picnic areas with a nice view of the surrounding area. It is a nice quiet place to have a picnic or just relax. Please note that the sign for Landin Park is down, so look for the entrance to the Dog Pound for the entrance to the park. Public restrooms are available on site. The park is open 6 AM to 10 PM daily.
More Reviews (21)
Basaic's Related Pages
Tombstone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Legend of American Old West"
- "Tombstone, Arizona: When the West was Wild"
- "Tombstone - Part History, Part Kitsch"
- "Jumping Around Tombstone!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tombstone
- Hotels in Tombstone
- Transportation in Tombstone
- Nightlife in Tombstone
- Restaurants in Tombstone
- Shopping in Tombstone
- Warnings and Dangers in Tombstone
- See All...
Explore the World
- Saint-Raphaël Hotels
- Mount Meridian Hotels
- Humberstone Hotels
- Manasota Hotels
- Giv`at Olga
- Mogi das Cruzes
Badges & Stats in Tombstone
- 23 Reviews
- 68 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (120)
Have you been to Tombstone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tombstone
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arizona Intro, 222 reviews, 550 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination United States of America Intro, 183 reviews, 381 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tucson Intro, 109 reviews, 327 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Mexico Intro, 91 reviews, 259 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Texas Intro, 104 reviews, 197 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 81 reviews, 190 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination California Intro, 68 reviews, 183 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area Intro, 72 reviews, 169 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chiricahua National Monument Intro, 62 reviews, 164 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Great Smoky Mountains National Park Intro, 60 reviews, 148 photos